The following Research Centers are led by faculty in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
A $23M program funded by the National Institute of Health (NIH) through the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) Superfund Research Program that is reducing exposure to environmental contamination and reducing the preterm birth rate in Puerto Rico and beyond.
The Global Resilience Institute is developing and deploying practical and innovative tools, applications, and skills that strengthen the resilience of individuals, communities, infrastructure, systems, networks, and societies.
Northeastern Impact Engine
The Healthier Air and People: Intelligent Solutions to Urban Pollution for Equity and Resilience (iSUPER) Impact Engine will pair low-cost, adaptable sensing technologies with novel pollution prediction models to accurately identify hyperlocal pollution hot spots in real time.
Affiliated Centers and Programs at Northeastern University
- Antimicrobial Discovery Center (ADC)
- Awareness and Localization of Explosives-Related Threats (ALERT)
- Bernard M. Gordon Center for Subsurface Imaging and Sensing (Gordon CenSSIS)
- Center for High-rate Nanomanufacturing (CHN)
- Institute for Experiential AI
- Institute for Experiential Robotics
- Intelligent Diagnostics: Integrated Graduate Education and Research Traineeships (IGERT)
- Network Science Institute (NetSI)
- Northeastern University Center for Renewable Energy Technology (NUCRET)