The following Research Centers are led by faculty in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
A $23M program funded by the National Institute of Health (NIH) through the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) Superfund Research Program that is reducing exposure to environmental contamination and reducing the preterm birth rate in Puerto Rico and beyond.
Global Resilience Institute
The Global Resilience Institute is developing and deploying practical and innovative tools, applications, and skills that strengthen the resilience of individuals, communities, infrastructure, systems, networks, and societies.
Affiliated Centers and Programs at Northeastern University
- Antimicrobial Discovery Center (ADC)
- Awareness and Localization of Explosives-Related Threats (ALERT)
- Bernard M. Gordon Center for Subsurface Imaging and Sensing (Gordon CenSSIS)
- Center for High-rate Nanomanufacturing (CHN)
- Institute for Experiential Robotics
- Intelligent Diagnostics: Integrated Graduate Education and Research Traineeships (IGERT)
- Network Science Institute (NetSI)
- Northeastern University Center for Renewable Energy Technology (NUCRET)